You don’t always need a huge layout of cards to get a detailed answer to your question. Just one card can give you a lot of information.
Here are a few things to take into consideration to get the most out of a one card reading:
• What is actually happening literally in the card?
• Does it look easy or difficult?
• Are the colours bright and light or dark and gloomy?
• What is the card?
A major arcana will indicate this is something that is bigger than day to day for the querent, this might be something that the querent doesn’t have immediate control over, larger life situations, as major arcana refers to a ‘larger secret’ or a ‘bigger mystery’.
A minor arcana will indicate the message is something that the querent can more easily act on, it is a day to day situation.
A court card will indicate the message is in the form of energy of a person or a characteristic.
• What suit or element is the card?
Wands correspond to the element of fire and will represent ambitions, passion, values, drive and creativity
Cups correspond to the element of water and will represent relationships, emotions and feelings
Swords correspond to the element of air and will represent thoughts, intellect, ideas, education and communication
Pentacles correspond to the element of earth and will represent the material world, resources, house and health
• What number is the card?
Is it at a stage of beginnings Ace – 3
middle 4 – 6
or nearing completion 7-10
• What can you notice in the centre of the card – this is often at the heart of the reading
• What is going on in the background – this could be seen as what is going on behind the scenes of the situation
• What is in the foreground – this can be seen as what is front of mind, or what the querent is aware of
• Turn the card upside down and look at the artwork again. What is the challenge that this card represents as a warning?
• Soft focus your eyes and look at the card – what stands out the most? And does this trigger a memory or a divinatory statement?
Try it out, I’d love to see how much information you can see in just one card!
2 thoughts on “Getting the Most out of a One Card Reading”
Magnifique j’adore vos interprétation
Vous avez un grand talent et de divination
Un grand merci de vos partage
Et bravo ♥️
Thank you so much. You are very welcome!